An outdoor portable bar cart is one of those outdoor furniture items that pairs so well with barbecuing.
If you’re anything like me, a cold drink is a must-have during any grilling session.
Is there anything better than standing over a hot grill, enjoying life, with a nice cool drink in your hand? For me, the answer is no.
One way I ensure my drinks are always cold and available is with an outdoor bar cart.
These convenient devices make it so much easier to provide refreshments for your guest or to keep your own beverages cold during those extra-long smoking sessions.
Your guests won’t have to keep going in and out of your kitchen for another drink during a party, keeping your house cleaner and your guests happy.
In this review of the best outdoor bar carts, I’ll tell you what to look for and which are the best models available.
Table of Contents
The Best Outdoor Bar Carts for 2023
Below is a comparison chart of the top 5 portable bar carts in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and the U.K in 2023. Click on the name to read reviews and check prices. To jump to the full ten reviews, click here.
Best Portable Bar Cart Reviews
Below are the full reviews of the best portable bar carts. Keep reading after the reviews for more information on how to choose the right portable bar cart for you.
1. Clevr 80 Quart Rolling Cooler on Wheels Bar Cart – Best Overall Choice #1
View on Amazon
The Clevr 80 is a fantastic roller cooler-style design that comes with a massive 80-quart ice chest, capable of keeping over 70+ cans ice cold for days!
Its made with weather-resistant polyurethane and steel, with a powder-coated steel exterior that looks great.
It has a bottle opener with a bottle cap catch, as well as a lower storage rack.
The best part about the Clevr 80 is how good the cooler is. It’s been reported that drinks can stay cool for up to 3 days in this model. This makes it one of the best bar carts for warmer climates and pool decks.
- Large Capacity: 80 Quart / 20 Gallon capacity, Can store up to 70+ cans/50+ bottles, perfect for any outdoor and indoor...
- Keep Cold For Days: Smooth powder-coated steel exterior (Note: NOT stainless steel), PP lined injection foam insulation body...
- Convenient: Fully REMOVABLE hinged lid for easy loading access. Bottom shelf for extra storage space (weight limit: 10 Lbs)....
2. Best Choice Wicker Outdoor Bar Cart with Cooler – Best Overall Choice #2
View on Amazon
If you’re looking for a portable model that’s got plenty of features, the Best Choice Wicker Outdoor Bar Cart has them all.
Not only does it look nice with its weather-resistant handwoven wicker exterior and its 43-inch tempered glass tabletop, but it even has an attractive steel ice bucket built in!
This is the one for the folks who are really serious about outdoor entertaining. It’s one of the larger models on the list, as well as one of the most versatile.
One of my favorite features of the Best Choice Wicker Outdoor Bar Cart is the bottle storage areas alongside the ice bucket. These slots hold wine and liquor bottles very securely so you don’t have to worry about them falling over if the cart is bumped or moved, which tends to happen a lot at a party.
- AMPLE STORAGE WITH ICE BUCKET: Built with dedicated space for glass and beverage storage, as well as a steel ice bucket to...
- ROLLING DESIGN: Made with a set of front-mounted wheels and a pair of handles for easy transport from room to room
- GLASS TABLE TOP: A 43-inch, tempered glass table top is the perfect surface to display your best cocktails and snack platters
3. Cosco Outdoor Living INTELLIFIT Outdoor Serving Cart
View on Amazon
The Cosco Outdoor Living INTELLIFIT Outdoor Serving Cart is about as basic as an outside serving cart can get, but for some folks, that’s all they need.
It’s a simple cart that has 4 caster wheels and two flat shelves. That’s about it. It’s simple, but classy in its simplicity.
This outdoor patio bar cart also works well indoors, thanks to its simple design. The Cosco Outdoor Living INTELLIFIT Outdoor Serving Cart can be used as an indoor serving cart as well.
- Cosco’s colorful collection of INTELLIFIT outdoor rolling carts fold to a compact 5.1"W x 19.3"D x 42.5"H for quick and...
- The easy to maneuver indoor - outdoor serving carts feature 4 durable wheels including 2 locking casters
- Dimensions are: Outdoor Cart 33.0” W x 19.3” D x 33.7” H
4. VINGLI 80 Quart Wicker Rattan Portable Drink Cooler on Wheels
View on Amazon
If you’re looking for a rolling cooler-style design that adds value to your home decor, the VINGLI 80 Quart Wicker Rattan Portable Drink Cooler is a great option.
It has many of the same features as the Clevr 80, including an 80 quart (20 gallons) cooler, but has a much softer look with its wicker design.
It has a bottle opener with a cap catcher, four caster wheels, and a lower storage shift.
The VINGLI 80 Quart Wicker Rattan Portable Drink Cooler is an excellent choice for a patio bar cart that keeps your drinks cool and looks great, too.
- ????KEEP COOL AND WARM: Keep cool for 48hrs and keep warm for 8hrs. Convenient rolling cooler is perfect for any outdoor and...
- ???? 80 QUART PP RATTAN COOLER CART: Holds up to 80 quarts (20 gallons) 96 aluminum can, It Will Be a Perfect Tool to Cool...
- ????EXQUISITE CONSTRUCTION: Bottle opener with bottle cap catcher attached to side, two sided access lids with handles easy...
5. Christopher Knight Home Tillary Tiller | Acacia Wood Beverage Cart
View on Amazon
Fun fact: The Christopher Knight Home Collection was created by Christopher Knight, the actor best known for playing Peter Brady on the 1970s television show “The Brady Bunch”.
The Christopher Knight Home Tillary Tiller Beverage Cart is the epitome of a fantastic small bar cart, and one of many great products from Christopher Knight Brands.
It doesn’t have some of the fancier features of other models, but what it lacks in features it makes up in style with beautiful acacia wood.
It’s also very functional, with plenty of storage area and a nice large outdoor bar top which folds down for easier storage.
The dark oak accent styling and powder-coated finish help it complement almost any home decor.
The Christopher Knight Home Tillary Tiller Beverage Cart is a good little cart that does its job well and with style.
- Make sure you have everything ready for an afternoon enjoying the fine weather. This wood and aluminum bar cart is an...
- MODERN INDUSTRIAL: Our bar cart incorporates a rich wood structure with sleek aluminum accents to create an understated...
- SHELVING AND ORGANIZATION: This bar cart offers two shelves to organize and hold your items in an accommodating manner. The...
6. Tangkula Outdoor Portable Serving Cart on Wheels
View on Amazon
The Tangkula Outdoor Portable Serving Cart is a fine example of form meeting function in an outdoor bar cart.
First of all, it’s made with weather-resistant acacia wood, which not only adds a rustic touch, it also is very sturdy. The unit is rated as having a load-bearing capacity of 100 pounds.
Second, it’s a very inexpensive unit that provides everything you really need for a fair price.
It has raised edges around the counter areas to help prevent items from sliding off if the unit is moved or bumped.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive outdoor bar cart that looks good too, the Tangkula Outdoor Portable Serving Cart is a good choice for you.
- ????【Weather Resistant Structure】Made of weatherproof acacia wood, this kitchen trolley has a strong and stable structure...
- ????【2-Tier Design for Spacious Storage】This kitchen serving cart has 2 trays, which provide you with enough space to...
- ????【2 Flexible Wheels and Handles】This rolling tea cart comes with 2 flexible wheels for easy movement. More, the handle...
7. VINGLI 80 Quart Portable Wagon Cooler with Big Wheels
View on Amazon
The VINGLI 80 Quart Portable Wagon Cooler is the ultimate in cooler-style portable bar carts.
It’s very similar to the Clevr 80, with an 80 quart (20 gallon) cooler, bottle opener, and bottle cap catch. But it’s also much lower to the ground, has 4 large all-terrain tires, and a wagon handle to pull it with.
It’s perfect for taking along on picnics, the park, or to the beach. The 10” inflatable tires make it easy to take over almost any terrain.
If you plan to do a lot of entertaining on the road, the VINGLI 80 Quart Portable Wagon Cooler is an excellent choice.
- KEEP COOL UP TO 48 HOURS: This outdoor rolling cooler is made with high-grade materials and designed to cool efficiently. It...
- EASY & DEXTERITY TO MOVE: . This outdoor cooler on wheels features four large 10" inflatable all 4 terrain wheels for use in...
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: The split double lid allows for easy access; Attached bottle openers with cap catchers are super...
8. Christopher Knight Home Alice | Outdoor Drinks Cart
View on Amazon
The Christopher Knight Home Alice is a wonderful little patio bar cart that adds a touch of class to your backyard bar area.
It’s built with iron and comes in a gold finish and tempered glass design. The simplicity of its elegance is what makes me like this one so much.
The Christopher Knight Home Alice is also very lightweight, around 22 pounds, so it’s easier to move around the patio for older friends and family members.
- Impress your guests with this versatile outdoor bar cart, Crafted according to the highest standards from tempered glass and...
- Includes: one (1) bar cart
- Dimensions: 16. 00 inches deep x 28. 50 inches wide x 35. 75 inches high
9. Christopher Knight Home Acacia Michaela Wood Bar Cart
View on Amazon
The Christopher Knight Home Acacia Michaela Wood Bar Cart is a great-looking model that does an excellent job of combining form and beauty into a heavy-duty outdoor bar cart.
It’s made of weather-resistant Acacia wood, which gives it a sleek and exotic look. Acacia wood is also very sturdy and will not fade over time.
It also comes with a versatile leaf top option, which provides extra serving space on the bar top whenever it’s needed.
There is a reversible slide-out drawer to store your bar utensils, napkins, or whatever other knickknacks you might need handy.
The Christopher Knight Home Acacia Michaela Wood Bar Cart is one of the best bar carts on this list in my opinion.
- ACACIA WOOD: Made with acacia wood that brings a sleek and exotic look to your space, this durable hardwood naturally...
- IRON FRAME: The sturdy construction of this iron frame ensures that this bar cart will hold up under heavy use
- LEAF TOP: Our bar cart features a convenient leaf top option that allows you to extend the top of this cart for extra serving...
10. VINGLI 68 Quart Rolling Ice Chest on Wheels with Foosball Table Top
View on Amazon
How fun would it be to be able to play foosball by the pool AND keep your drinks icy cold?
The VINGLI 68 Quart Rolling Ice Chest on Wheels with Foosball Table Top checks a lot of boxes for me. It comes with a 17-gallon cooler, four caster wheels, a lower storage tray, and a bottle opener.
What really sets this design apart is the value it adds by providing a game for your friends and family to enjoy. Foosball is a great family classic that never gets old.
My only concern with this foosball cooler is, what happens if there’s a close game and someone needs a drink? Who has priority, the gamers or the drinkers?
There’s only one way to find out – get the VINGLI 68 Quart Rolling Ice Chest on Wheels with Foosball Table Top and have some poolside fun!
- EXTRA FUN: Unique Foosball Tabletop Design on top. This ice chest cooler provides cold beverage and extra fun for everyone in...
- ???? 68 QUART COOLER CART: Holds up to 68 quarts (17 gallons) 80 aluminum can, It Will Be a Perfect Tool to Cool Your Drinks,...
- ???? MULTI DIRECTIONAL ROLLING WHEELS: 2 Caster with lock and 2 Caster without lock, Move it anywhere or lock to keep it in...
What to Look for in a Good Outdoor Portable Bar Cart
There are plenty of features to choose from when selecting which model is right for you. Here are the things you should consider before choosing.
Types of Outdoor Portable Bar Carts
While all outdoor bar carts do the same essential function (serve drinks and food), there are a few unique styles you can choose from.
Rolling Cooler Cart Style
Some of the most popular models are the “Rolling Cooler” type.
They’re basically an ice cooler on wheels that are able to hold a TON of drinks. They also come with some extra convenience features like a bottle opener, storage shelf, and wheels to move it around easily.
This type is especially useful for a large party and for beer and/or soda drinkers. What it lacks in storage for bottles and glassware, it makes up for with its massive ice cooler.
The Clevr 80 Quart Rolling Cooler on Wheels Bar Cart is a good example of this type of rolling outdoor bar cart.
Trolley Bar Cart Style
The trolley-style cart is the most traditional style. They generally have clean lines and minimal features, making them attractive and practical.
This type has plenty of room to hold liquor bottles and is particularly useful for serving mixed cocktails or appetizers.
The Christopher Knight Home Tillary Tiller Acacia Wood Beverage Cart is a fine example of this type of outdoor portable bar cart.
Serving Cart Style
The third type of design is the serving cart style. These are a type of hybrid between a portable trolley cart and a rolling cooler.
You get the best of both worlds with these types since you have plenty of countertop space to makes drinks or serve food, while also having a built-in ice cooler.
While they tend to be the largest category of bar carts, they’re still portable enough to move easily thanks to a pair of front wheels.
The Best Choice Wicker Outdoor Bar Cart is a nice, attractive example of the serving cart style.
Because a bar cart generally spends most of its life in the sun outside, it needs to be durable and weather resistant.
If you mostly expect to leave your carts in the elements, I recommend you purchase a model made with rust-resistant material, like stainless steel or wicker.
Also, look for models with a steel frame to ensure it has the strength and durability to withstand years of use.
One more important thing to consider when choosing a model for you is how easy will it be to move around.
All models on this list have wheels, but some have 4 and some just have two. Four make it easier to roll a cart, but sometimes make it a little less stable. You have to choose what is more important.
If you’re a healthy adult, you probably don’t mind having to move a heavier bar cart. But if you have an older family member that may not have as much strength, consider a lighter model like the Christopher Knight Home Alice Outdoor Drinks Cart.
What is the best outdoor portable bar cart for you?
There’s plenty of options to choose from, but which one is right for you?
If you’re looking for a reliable, no-frills model that does its job well, the Christopher Knight Home Alice is a great choice. It’s sturdy, inexpensive, and well-designed.
If you need something primarily to keep your beverages cold, go with the Clevr 80 Quart Rolling Cooler on Wheels. It does that very well.
Finally, if you need something with a lot of storage and features, the Best Choice Wicker Outdoor Bar Cart is the way to go. It’s got plenty of places to store bottles and drinkware and comes with lots of counter space.
I hope you enjoyed this review of the best outdoor bar carts and get lots of enjoyment from whichever new cart you choose.
Related content you might like:
- 7 Best Outdoor Deck Storage Boxes for 2023
- 5 Best Outdoor Grill Prep Tables for 2023
- 15 Best Outdoor Patio Coolers for 2023
- 10 Best Outdoor Patio Heaters for 2023
- 10 Best Portable Outdoor Pizza Ovens for 2023
- The 15 Best Outdoor Patio Furniture Sets for 2023