Smoker thermometers give you the ability to make perfect low and slow BBQ without having to watch the smoker all day.
If you’re like me, you appreciate the ability to do other things like drinking a beer with your friends rather than get stuck babysitting your smoker because you don’t want to over- or under-cook your meat.
A wireless meat thermometer eliminates those restrictions. No more lifting the hood of your smoker (and letting all the heat out) or cutting into your brisket to check the color of the meat!
Digital smoker thermometers come in many styles. Some are technology-packed and sync to your favorite mobile device. Others are straightforward to use and don’t require any additional technology at all.
Whatever your needs and preferences, you’re going to find exactly what you’re looking for in this review.
The Best Smoker Thermometers for 2023
Here is my list of the best smoker thermometer options for the U.S., Canada, Australia, and the U.K in 2023. I’ll start with the five best choices in terms of value, convenience, design, and cost.
Click on the name to read reviews and check prices or skip ahead to read the entire list by clicking here.
Best Smoker Thermometer Reviews
Here are the complete reviews of the ten best smoker thermometers in 2023. Keep reading after the reviews for a guide on what to look for when choosing a smoker thermometer.
1. ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Smoker Thermometer – Best Overall Choice #1
View on Amazon
The ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Smoker Thermometer earns high marks for its affordable price, real-time temperature readings, and long-range accuracy.
This wireless digital meat thermometer provides accurate readings from as far away as 300 feet.
The TP20 Wireless Remote Digital Thermometer allows you to monitor two portions of meat at once and set alarms to let you know when food reaches preset temperatures.
This sturdy grill thermometer is water-resistant and will withstand temperatures as high as 716 degrees Fahrenheit and as low as 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
The ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Smoker Thermometer gets bonus points for its easy use. This unit is preprogrammed with USDA-approved temperatures for nine types of meat.
- Extended Remote Range: Wireless thermometer with dual probes optimizes its wireless range from up to 500FT to monitor your...
- Hassle-Free Setup: With no synchronization required, say goodbye to the tedious setup steps; Upgraded receiver clearly...
- Kitchen Timer: Food cooking smoker thermometer features count up and countdown setting that is perfect for long-time cooking...
2. MEATER Plus Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer – Best Overall Choice #2
View on MEATER
Next up is the MEATER Plus Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer, a dishwasher-safe unit that comes with two probes and a heck of a lot of freedom.
Monitor two pieces of meat at once from up to 165’ away with your favorite mobile device. Just download the MEATER grilling app, insert your wireless probes, and carry on with the party.
This smart wireless meat thermometer allows you to set up custom alerts and temperatures from your phone. It even comes with an innovative “estimator” algorithm that calculates cook and resting times.
The MEATER Plus Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer gets an extra hat tip for coming with a handy, magnetized bamboo charging dock and expansion capability. If you need it, the MEATER Plus accommodates up to four probes.
- 165ft Long Range Model: 100% WIRE-FREE that's perfect for outdoor cooking. The first truly wireless smart meat thermometer....
- 2 Sensors, 1 Probe: Dual temperature sensors can monitor internal meat temperature up to 212°F and ambient / external...
- Guided Cook System: Walks you through every step of the cooking process to guarantee perfect and consistent results. You can...
3. Inkbird WiFi Smoker Thermometer
View on Amazon
The Inkbird WiFi Smoker Thermometer isn’t cheap, but it’s still affordable – especially when you consider all of its advanced features.
To start, this smart wireless meat thermometer syncs to your phone via WiFi; you can monitor your foot from anywhere, at any distance.
This unit allows you to monitor four different types of meat at once. To use it, set your color-coded probes, pull up the Inkbird Pro app, and choose from 12 presets. Or, dial in your own. Next, set countdown times, alarms, and wait for your grill to do the rest.
The Inkbird WiFi Smoker Thermometer earns high marks for its compact size, 26-hour battery life, and wireless capability.
- ✅【Wi-Fi Connection】Download Inkbird Pro app, this smoker grill thermometer is connected over 2.4GHZ Wi-Fi with your...
- ✅【Rechargeable Battery to Save Money】The 2000mAh lithium battery of this Kitchen cooking thermometer could last about...
- ✅【Temperature Graph & Calibration】The temperature graph of this food grill thermometer can be download through the APP....
4. ThermoPro TP08S Wireless Digital Meat Thermometer
View on Amazon
The ThermoPro TP08S Wireless Digital Meat Thermometer stands out for its low price, durability, and long-range accuracy.
This wireless remote digital cooking thermometer provides connectivity from 300’ away. It’s shock- and water-resistant. I also like the backlit LCD screen and handy count-up and count-down timers.
The ThermoPro TP08S Wireless Digital Meat Thermometer isn’t packed with features, but I wouldn’t expect more at this price.
If you like to keep things simple, only need two meat thermometers, but don’t want to compromise on taste and accuracy, you may have met your match.
- Enhanced 500ft remote range: Thermopro wireless meat thermometer adopts the most advanced wireless technology to provide the...
- Dual probe for food and BBQ: Meat thermometer oven safe with highly accurate stainless steel meat probe and oven/ grill/...
- Food temp & HI/LOW ambient temp alarm: Digital grill thermometer allows you to quickly and easily set your own cooking...
5. Inkbird IBT-4XS Bluetooth Smoker Thermometer
View on Amazon
The Inkbird IBT-4XS Bluetooth Smoker Thermometer stands out for its 40-hour rechargeable battery life and mobile device compatibility. I also like that it comes with three meat probes and an additional ambient temperature probe.
This digital cooking food meat thermometer allows you to roam 150’ away from the grill. Not as impressive as other units on the market, but sufficient when you consider the price.
With free access to Inkbird’s free mobile app, you can choose from 12 preprogrammed USDA-approved temperatures.
Above all, the Inkbird IBT-4XS Bluetooth Smoker Thermometer is a deadly accurate thermometer. It’ll monitor temperatures as high as 482 degrees Fahrenheit and provide real-time readings within +2 degrees of accuracy.
- 🍗 【Notes for This 4 probes Bluetooth Grill Thermometer】Please make sure the Bluetooth meat thermometer probes are...
- 🍗 【Let You Free When Grilling】 This Inkbird 4 probes grill thermometer can pair with Android or iPhone (Please make...
- 🍗 【Magnetic Design and Large LED Screen】 The digital thermometer magnetic design on the back of the Inkbird IBT-4XS...
6. ENZOO Wireless Meat Thermometer for Smoker
View on Amazon
The ENZOO Wireless Meat Thermometer for Smoker is a wireless grill thermometer that earns high marks for its long-range capability and surprisingly low price tag.
Enjoy up to 500’ of freedom to roam, four color-coded meat probes, and +1.8 degrees Fahrenheit of accuracy with this smoker accessory.
Extras include 11 preprogrammed, USDA-approved accurate temperature readings, timers, and a sturdy travel case for life on the road.
This ENZOO Wireless Meat Thermometer for Smoker doesn’t rely on a mobile device or WiFi. And, frankly, I see that as an advantage. I rarely need to wander more than 500’ from my BBQ grill.
I also like that the BBQ thermometer comes with an ample number of probes (4), 43” stainless steel mesh cables, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Best Instant Read (1-3s) Food Thermometer - A good thermometer helps you eliminate all the guesswork and cook food perfectly...
- 500FT Remote Range Cooking Thermometer - Wireless thermometers let you read the display from a distance up to 500 feet away,...
- Easy to Setup and Store - Meat thermometer with 4 probes can monitor 4 different kinds of meat or 4 places of one bigger meat...
7. NutriChef Smart Bluetooth Smoker Thermometer
View on Amazon
The NutriChef Smart Bluetooth Smoker Thermometer is another excellent dual-probe BBQ thermometer.
This grill BBQ thermometer syncs to your mobile device, allowing you to wander 328’ from your grill BBQ while receiving accurate temperature reports.
If you want to expand, this Bluetooth meat thermometer accommodates up to six probes.
I also like that this thermometer comes with 32’ braided cables, which gives me plenty of room to work.
The NutriChef Smart Bluetooth Smoker Thermometer is fairly priced, provides plenty of wireless range, and earns bonus points for its expandability. Remember, this Bluetooth meat thermometer comes with two stainless steel probes, but accommodates up to six!
- 400’ OUTDOOR WIRELESS RANGE: Professional smart cordless grilling kit and accessories. Get an instant push notification to...
- 2 UPGRADED STAINLESS STEEL THERMOMETERS: Safely leave heavy duty thermometer metal probe inside any oven or grill for the...
- DONE SMARTPHONE ALARM: When the sensor detects the steak or meat reaches the set temperature the Apple iPhone iOS or Android...
8. ThermoPro TP25 Bluetooth Meat Thermometer
View on Amazon
The ThermoPro TP25 Bluetooth Meat Thermometer stands out for its long-range temperature accuracy, fair price tag, and the fact that it comes with four color-coded probes.
This Thermopro instant-read thermometer syncs to any mobile device through the free ThermoPro app.
Open the app to set timers and pre-alarms, monitor temperature range graphs, and toggle through 9 USDA-approved temperature settings.
A bonus is that this handy instant-read thermometer runs off a single rechargeable battery. I also like that the four probes are color-coded and made of stainless steel.
Did I mention that the ThermoPro TP25 Bluetooth Meat Thermometer comes with a handy dandy cord winder? No more tangled probes! It’s one of the best wireless meat thermometer models for smokers on this list.
- Extended 500ft Range & Bluetooth 5.0 Certificate by SIG: Rechargeable bluetooth thermometer adopts advanced bluetooth 5.0...
- 4 Different Color Coated Probes: 4-probes smart meat thermometer allow you to conveniently monitor 4 different meats and...
- Simplistic, Multi-Functional App: ThermoPro meat thermometer wireless app contains editable preset temperatures for 9 meat...
9. Soraken Wireless Smoker Thermometer
View on Amazon
The Soraken Wireless Smoker Thermometer is an affordably priced four-probe thermometer that offers several handy features.
To start, each of the four probes is color-coded, which eliminates any confusion about the placement of each probe. And since the probe wires are metal and made with Teflon cores, they are tough. They’ll withstand up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit.
This is a wireless thermometer, so it syncs to your mobile device, allowing you to monitor your progress from up to 196’ away.
A bonus is that the Soraken Wireless Smoker Thermometer comes with an Easy BBQ Grill app. Once you’re inside, choose from 11 USDA-approved presets, set your probes, and walk away.
- 🍖【Wireless Remote cooking Thermometer】this wireless BBQ thermometer will remind you anywhere and anytime. The grill...
- 🍖【Preset Temperature And Timer】: Grill thermometer has preset temperatures and cooking levels for 11 kinds of food...
- 🍖【6 Probe Simultaneous Monitoring】: Comes with 4 probes. this wireless thermometer allows you to monitor six different...
10. HAUEA Bluetooth Meat Thermometer
View on Amazon
The HAUEA Bluetooth Meat Thermometer is one of the most affordable on the market, which was a surprise considering all it offers.
To start, this smoker thermometer comes with six probes, and they’re all color-coded, so I never forget which piece of meat the probes are monitoring. Plus, the probes withstand scorching hot temperature range levels. Up to 716 degrees Fahrenheit, to be exact depending on ambient temperature.
This Bluetooth wireless thermometer also comes with a free app, allowing you to monitor your cooking progress on your mobile device from as far away as 196’.
The HAUEA Bluetooth Meat Thermometer is one of the most reasonable units on the market. Yet, it is packed with features that many pricier thermometers don’t have.
What to look for in a good smoker thermometer
There are many features to consider when shopping for a smoker thermometer. These include probe style (plus the number of probes the unit can accommodate), desired temperature range, and additional features listed below.
Smoker thermometers typically come with two styles of probes: 1) wireless and not wireless; 2) color-coded and unlabeled.
Wireless probes have the edge over wire probes because there aren’t any wires to tangle, rust, or clean. Wired smoker thermometers are generally more affordable, but not by a significant amount. That’s why more people prefer wireless probes.
Probes are often color-coded, a simple probe upgrade that keeps grillers organized. Because each probe looks unique, you can quickly identify the probe that corresponds to each piece of food.
Color-coded probes are incredibly convenient when you are working with four or more probes.
A steady 200-250 degrees Fahrenheit temperature range is vital when using a smoker. Nearly every meat thermometer on the market can handle that temperature range.
However, if you want to use your meat thermometer for baking, grilling, or searing at high temperatures, check the temperature rating of the unit. Some units will read the temperature at a scorching 700 degrees Fahrenheit. Others peak at just 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
The display is one of the most essential thermometer features, especially grilling at night. Luckily, most units come with a large backlit LCD screen.
Smart Bluetooth thermometers and others that connect to mobile devices via WiFi offer increased visibility. Not only can you monitor temperature on the backlit screen, but you can also view it on your handy (and bright!) mobile device from afar.
Wireless remote range
Some grillers don’t mind hanging out next to the BBQ; others like the freedom to roam, mingle with guests, or even make quick trips to the corner store while their food cooks.
When shopping for a wireless smoker thermometer, think about your typical cooking regimen. If you like to toggle between the grill station and the party, shop for a unit that allows you to do so.
Some models give you infinite freedom to roam. Others provide connectivity from distances of 300 feet to 500 feet away.
Wire length is also an important feature. The longer the wires, the more freedom you have to move. However, if you want to avoid tangles altogether and enjoy a genuinely mobile cooking experience, you may want to consider purchasing a unit with wireless probes.
Alerts like countdown and count-up timers are also important thermometer features. Some units allow you to adjust the volume of your alarms. Others come with high- and low-temperature alarms, which are convenient, especially if you like to make cheese and finicky pastry items.
Grillers purchase remote digital cooking food thermometers because they want to cook accurately and eliminate the risk of under- and over-cooked food.
A meat thermometer ensures you do precisely that. However, not all units are created equally. If you value precision, shop for a unit that brags about its +-2 degrees Fahrenheit accuracy. There are many available, and that level of accuracy is worth shopping for.
Type of battery
Smoker thermometers are usually powered by AA or AAA batteries; others recharge with a standard USB cord. If you’re budget- and environmentally conscious (or tired of stealing AAA batteries from the remote!), you may prefer a rechargeable temperature thermometer.
Battery and charge like, too, is a vital feature to consider. Some units last for 30 hours on a single charge or fresh battery pack: others only last for half that time.
Ease of use
Ease of use is also essential, and some units are more intuitive to use than others. If you’re technology-challenged or just like to keep things simple, check out the ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Smoker Thermometer. You don’t need WiFi, Bluetooth, or any sort of mobile device to use it. This unit is entirely self-contained and uses plug-and-play technology. Just plug in your probes and refer to the digital screen.
Those who like many bells and whistles or enjoy the convenience of monitoring their cooking progress from their cell phone may enjoy the other nine.
Digital thermometers are built to withstand icy and searing hot temperatures. Most are shock- and water-resistant. Some even come with belt clips and magnets to mitigate the chances of you dropping them.
That said, who doesn’t love a good warranty? Many units come with 30- to 60-day warranties. More rarely, they’re backed with a lifetime warranty. They are designed to take abuse, but if you’re incredibly clumsy, shop for one that’s backed by a warranty.
What’s the best smoker thermometer for you?
If I had to choose one standout smoker thermometer, it’d be the ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Smoker Thermometer.
This unit shines for its ultra-low price, simple design, and ability to handle high temperatures.
The Thermopro TP20 Wireless Remote thermometer is especially popular for those who like to keep things simple. You don’t need a mobile device, Bluetooth, or WiFi to receive correct temperature readings.
Everything you need comes with your purchase. So enjoy your 300 feet of freedom to roam (while still receiving temperature updates).
Also worth mentioning: This unit is shock- and water-resistant and can handle temperatures as high as 716 degrees Fahrenheit and as low as 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
The ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Smoker Thermometer allows you to monitor two types of meat at once and set alarms to let you know when your food reaches the right temperature.
Chris JohnsChris Johns is the founder of Rock's Barbecue® and has been an avid barbecue fan for over 20 years. His mission is to make grilling and smoking the best food possible easy for everyone. And each year, he continues to help more people with grilling, smoking, and barbecue recipe recommendations.
9 Best Vertical Pellet Smokers for 2023
A vertical pellet smoker is the best way to smoke meats. Find the best vertical pellet smoker in this complete review.
The 22 Best Smoker Accessories for 2023
These smoker accessories will make any BBQ smoker fan happy. Find the best smoker accessories available in this review.