This Grilled Chicken and Veggie Quesadilla recipe is not only healthy, but it’s also delicious as well! Try it tonight for a meal your family will love.
My family LOVES chicken quesadillas. If they could, they’d have them every night of the week.
But I also like to feed my family healthy meals, and plain chicken quesadillas are not the most nutritious meal. So, I make them this healthy quesadilla recipe instead.
It has deliciously grilled vegetables, chicken, jack cheese, and flour tortillas, but the seasoning in these Grilled Chicken and Veggie Quesadillas takes the flavor over the top.
The roasted vegetables add a lot of flavor and crunch, and the grilled chicken (which adds plenty of healthy protein) tastes incredible.
They never even know it’s healthy!
This Healthy Grilled Chicken and Veggie Quesadilla Recipe uses the following ingredients:
Below is the full recipe. I hope your family enjoys this yummy recipe as much as mine does.
Healthy Grilled Chicken and Veggie Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp granulated onion
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 zucchini trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 ears corn husked
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 4 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 2 medium Haas avocados diced
- 2 tsp lime juice fresh
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Warm up the grill to medium heat.
- Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush the chicken, zucchini, and corn with oil.
- Season the chicken with the rub.
- Grill the chicken and vegetables over medium heat with the lid closed for 8-10 minutes or until tender. The chicken should be firm. the zucchini should be barely tender, and corn kernels golden brown in spots.
- Remove the chicken and veggies from the grill and allow to cool.
- Cut the chicken and zucchini into ¼ inch chunks. Cut the corn kernals from the cob.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini and corn with the chopped oregano, garlic, and lime juice. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, smash together the guacamole ingredients and set them aside.
- Lay the tortillas on a cookie sheet and fill with equal amounts of the vegetable mixture and cheese. Fold the tortillas in half.
- Grill the quesadillas over low heat for 3-4 minutes per side. Flip the quesadilla once during cooking. Note: They are a bit thick so make sure the tortillas don't get burned before the insides are cooked.
- Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and cut them into strips or wedges. Serve with guacamole.
Chris JohnsChris Johns is the founder of Rock's Barbecue® and has been an avid barbecue fan for over 20 years. His mission is to make grilling and smoking the best food possible easy for everyone. And each year, he continues to help more people with grilling, smoking, and barbecue recipe recommendations.
How to Grill Juicy Chicken
Learn the best way how to grill juicy chicken on the grill. This method is based on the Ello Pollo Loco technique.
Grilled Chicken Involtini with Prosciutto and Basil
This Grilled Chicken Involtini with Prosciutto and Basil recipe has become a new favorite in my household. It's so juicy and delicious.